- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Appointment Check Off List
What do I need to bring?
- Medical records. This includes vaccine history, surgical history, lab work, and any significant medical issues. It is important for us to have previous medical records in the form of exam notes or the medical chart, not just receipts. If you would like help retrieving medical records, please call our hospital.
- Any medications your pet is taking. This includes flea, tick and heartworm medication, medications prescribed by a veterinarian, topical sprays, creams, salves, as well as any herbal medications or supplements.
- A stool sample. A fresh sample, collected immediately after it was produced, and stored in the refrigerator for up to 6 hours. If you would like a container, please visit our hospital to pick one up.
- A leash or a carrier. For the safety of all our clients and their pets, we request all cats remain in a carrier and all dogs remain on a leash or in a carrier.
What information do I need to know?
- Significant changes in your pet. For example: coughing, sneezing, vomiting, or diarrhea, change in appetite or water intake, and change in behavior or appearance.
- Types of food and treats. This includes the brand names, amount fed, and frequency.
- Pet’s Microchip Information. Have the brand name and number handy. Is the microchip registered with your information?
- Places your pet travels. For example: time spent outside versus indoors, different states or countries, dog parks, hiking, camping, and daycare or grooming facilities.