- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Posted on 10-23-2018
Common Pet Problems
If you have a pet, you are like most people, and you treat them like they are part of the family. And just like your other family members, it is important that you take your pet to the vet. Some pet owners will not take their pet to the vet until they are very sick, but it does not have to be that way. If a health issue is diagnosed early, there are higher chances your pet will be cured. If you haven’t taken your dog or cat to the vet yet, book an appointment at Cats and Dogs Animal Hospital in Long Beach for the best care.
Common Reasons Why Pets Visit the Vet
There are three main reasons to take your pet to the vet:
• Diagnostic care – When your pet is sick, you might notice something is off, but you are not sure what it is. Taking your pet to the veterinarians can help them diagnose what is wrong with your pet.
• Preventative care – To keep your pet healthy, it is important you take them for vaccines when they are younger and for annual preventative care to be on the safe side.
• Comprehensive pet wellness exam – this is part of preventative care and should be done annually, it helps identify when your pet requires urgent care.
Most Common Conditions in Cats and Dogs
In dogs, the most common conditions include; Atopy allergies, ear infection, degenerative joint disease and cancer as a dog ages. For cats the most common medical conditions include; renal failure in older cats, hyperthyroidism, diabetes mellitus, and allergies.
Symptoms to Look Out For
It is quite unfortunate that your pet cannot tell you when they are not feeling alright. It is up to you to pay close attention to the pet's behavior and recognize any of the below symptoms.
• Refusing to eat
• Breathing problem
• Change of gum color
• Stiffness and limping
• Excessive panting and coughing
• Vomiting and diarrhea
Book an Appointment at Cats & Dogs Animal Hospital Today
Do not wait until your pet requires emergency pet care to take them to see a vet. Schedule a yearly appointment at Cats & Dogs Animal Hospital.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.